Drinking water is one of the simplest yet most profound health activities you can do for yourself. Just look at the 30-day challenge this woman from the UK did! It’s amazing to see the myriad of unexpected benefits that come from properly hydrating your body. In this article, Sarah describes how drinking 3 liters of water each day not only improved her digestion and rid her of headaches, but also how it dramatically improved the condition of her skin, removed her dark eye circles, and improved her flexibility during her yoga practice. The pictures her before and after speak a thousand words:
Water is necessary for our survival, yet many people will describe themselves as “not really a water-drinker.” To me this sounds ridiculous! It’s like saying, “Yea, I’m not really a food-eater,” or ” Yea, I’m not really an oxygen-breather.” I understand that some people simply don’t enjoy the taste of water, so I always give my clients other ways to rehydrate themselves. Try these out during your own 30 water challenge!
- try making your own flavored water by slicing your favorite fruit (cucumber or lemon will do nicely) and a sprig of mint into a pitcher of water and refrigerating it. I have clients that swear by this, even the ones that don’t really like cucumber!
- 20% of water content comes from food sources, so eat fruits and vegetables with a high water content to hydrate yourself. Excellent examples are melons, grapefruit, strawberries, coconut water, tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, radishes, broccoli, and lettuces.
- drink herbal teas or decaf coffee. Both options are really like drinking flavored water. Try Dragon Herbs Spring Dragon Longevity tea for an extra boost of saponins as well!
- hydrate by eating your favorite soup or stew
- blend whole fruit and vegetables into a smoothie
Still not inspired? Contact us today for more ideas or assistance in including more water in your daily life. I promise you will see and feel the effects of being properly hydrated after only 1 week!